Thursday, January 13, 2011

Self-fulfilling Prophecy

Hi guys,

Lana, thanks for commenting on what a "colorist" is as opposed to a "value-ist."  I'd love to hear a running commentary of the next painting you do.

Yesterday's long soliloquy helped me focus in on process so much.  I don't remember who said it, but I agree with, "How do I know what I think until I read what I've written?" or something to that effect.

I took a break from "Value Study 2" (working title) and pulled a book from the shelf at random.  Here's today's quote from Nita Leland, p. 17, "The New Creative Artist."

"Thinking you have no talent can be a self-fulfilling prophecy.  'Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours,' says author Richard Bach in Illusions.  A positive attitude accelerates your development as a creative person.  Believe in yourself.  Release and regulate the flow of your inborn creative energy to reach your artistic potential."

I'll send my work in progress when I get camera and canvas in the same space/time continuum.

Lucy

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting the comment about the appropriate attitude to have toward the act of creating; it's good to remember that, though not always easy to put into practice!

    ReplyDelete